Sunday, November 30, 2014

Feeling Accomplished

I survived Thanksgiving!

I survived my niece's wedding! (...her cake was beautiful, by the way.)

And, I finished Allegiant!!!

I completed the novel in one uninterrupted 90 minute session. After the rest of my family was tucked in bed and sawing logs, I curled up in the reclyner and set out to finish the series. Once I set my mind to it, it was not a difficult task. The pages turned easily, one after the other, as I made my way to the conclusion. When I finally reached the climax, I was completely shocked! I did not see it coming. I confess that tears began to fall and then my breath caught in my throat. I had to close the book for a moment and regain composure before finishing the book. At first, I was mad at the author for taking me on this painful journey! Then, I found myself amazed by her talent and bravery in writing. Divergent was a series worth reading! In fact, I have already loaned out the first book and I am wondering how long it will take the new reader to come asking for the second book.

In the midst of the family craziness, I have managed to invest another 30 minutes in my newest yarn: Legend. I am hoping that I will fall in love with these characters as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment