Saturday, December 6, 2014

Legend by Marie Lu

Legend has been my first experience reading a text by an Asian author and I am enjoying Lu's writing style immensely! She has presented her readers with two main characters: Day and June. Both characters are on opposite sides of an issue. I have not yet been able to determine what the circumstances were that lead to their varrious positions and viewpoints. All I have found is that the United States is now divided between the Western coast, now known as the Republic, and its Eastern neighbors known as the Colonies. June has been born into a financial advantage, while Day was born into the slums. It is the perfect story about the timeless contrast between the haves and the have-nots.

Already, I can see that there are a great deal of secrets left to be unfolded in this book and its following sequels. I am looking forward to uncovering what is unknown and getting to know my main characters better.

This week I have been able to increase my reading. I have read thirty minutes every night and I have been able to sneak in a couple lunch hours as well! There is something thrilling about getting caught up in a new plot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment