Saturday, November 15, 2014

Allegiant - One Choice Will Define You

Tris and Tobias are no longer within the walls of the city. Instead, they are now at the "Bureau" with new revelations and new enemies. At the moment, it is difficult to decipher who the true enemy and even what the truth is. As a reader, I am a little frustrated with Tris and Tobias' inability to trust one another and work together.  Throughout these three books, there has been the same battle between the two of them. I am ready for them to mature a bit and work together as a team toward a common goal! Grow up already!

Perhaps Veronica Roth intended for me to become irritated with the ups and downs of their relationship. It is keeping me reading toward the end of the book and the end of the series. Honestly, I am ready for the culmination!

This last book has caused me to think more about how the books were written than the plot itself. I wonder if Ms. Roth knew how the books would end when she started writing them or if she made her way through the story along with the characters. There are times when I think there might be a novel or two within me, but I am not sure where to start. There is a book called Four that goes into the detail about Ms. Roth's favorite character and goes into more depth about how she wrote the storyline. I am considering reading this final book for no reason other than satisfying my curiosities regarding her creative process.

I am two-thirds of the way through the book (yes, I am moving slowly). As I mentioned before, the dual perspective has slowed me down. I also just having been reading as much. I've moved down to about 15 minutes a night. I am still meeting my time-spent-reading goals but I am finding it more difficult to stay interested in the book with less time spent reading. I quit taking my book with me and instead started toting around textbooks when I was going through finals last week! I am going to get back in the habit of bringing my book with me every where I go. There are always opportunities to sneak in a few extra minutes of reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment